Italian Pasta and Peas Recipe
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (4.1 ounces) quick-cooking bow tie pasta and Parmesan/Romano sauce mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk and butter; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and sauce mix. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in the peas, mushrooms and oregano; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Remove from the heat. Sauce will thicken upon standing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 cup: 190 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 17mg cholesterol, 574mg sodium, 26g carbohydrate (5g sugars, 3g fiber), 8g protein
Reviews for Italian Pasta and Peas
"I also couldn't find the Lipton as specified in the editor's note. Knorr has fettucine in the Parmesan/Romano sauce. This reminds me of tuna casserole minus the tuna."
"Excellent side dish."
"This is a nice mild, tasty side dish.In our area, they no longer carry the Lipton pasta suggested. It is now Knorr Italian pasta formally Lipton and called creamy garlic shells. I couldn't find any bow tie pasta. It is in a parmesan/romano sauce."
"Really good and quick to make. Add ham or chicken for a quick main dish!"