Italian Pasta and Peas Recipe
If your family doesn't care for peas, substitute frozen green beans or broccoli. By stirring in cubed cooked chicken or ham, this becomes a mouthwatering main dish with little effort.—Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1-1/2 cups water
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 package (4.1 ounces) quick-cooking bow tie pasta and Parmesan/Romano sauce mix
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1. In a large saucepan, combine the water, milk and butter; bring to a boil. Stir in pasta and sauce mix. Cook over medium heat for 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- 2. Stir in the peas, mushrooms and oregano; cook 3-4 minutes longer or until pasta is tender. Remove from the heat. Sauce will thicken upon standing. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 190 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 17 mg cholesterol, 574 mg sodium, 26 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 8 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Pasta and Peas
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC