Italian Pasta and Bean Casserole Recipe
I love to cook for my family and making this recipe is very simple and tasty. It make a large amount for a large family.—George Morants, Cromwell, Connecticut
- 1 pound sweet or hot Italian sausage, casings removed
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 4 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 can (28 ounces) Italian plum tomatoes, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pound mostaccioli, rigatoni or macaroni, cooked and drained
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1 pound shredded Fontina or mozzarella cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, saute first six ingredients, crumbling with a fork, until the meat is browned and done. Drain. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, salt, pepper and kidney beans; heat through.
- 2. Add pasta, Parmesan cheese and parsley; toss well. Spoon into a greased shallow 4-qt. baking dish; sprinkle with Fontina or mozzarella cheese. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30 minutes. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 cup: 579 calories, 26g fat (13g saturated fat), 96mg cholesterol, 1417mg sodium, 50g carbohydrate (9g sugars, 5g fiber), 36g protein.
Reviews for Italian Pasta and Bean Casserole
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC