Italian Parmesan Snack Mix Recipe
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups Parmesan and garlic-flavored snack crackers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels and crackers. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning and fennel. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 14 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
3/4 cup: 153 calories, 7g fat (2g saturated fat), 3mg cholesterol, 530mg sodium, 20g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 1g fiber), 3g protein
Reviews for Italian Parmesan Snack Mix
"Yuck. Did not taste Italian at all. Basically vinegar and cereal. Not a pleasant combination."