Italian Parmesan Snack Mix Recipe
“A favorite sausage pizza inspired me to create this savory mix. It has great Italian flavors in a fun-to-eat snack version.” —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups Parmesan and garlic-flavored snack crackers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels and crackers. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning and fennel. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese.
- 2. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 14 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
3/4 cup equals 153 calories, 7 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 3 mg cholesterol, 530 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 3 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC