“A favorite sausage pizza inspired me to create this savory mix. It has great Italian flavors in a fun-to-eat snack version.” —Priscilla Yee, Concord, California
Recommended: 55 Snacks for Your March Madness Party
- 7 cups Rice Chex
- 2 cups miniature pretzels
- 2 cups Parmesan and garlic-flavored snack crackers
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon fennel seed, crushed
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- In a 3-qt. microwave-safe bowl, combine the cereal, pretzels and crackers. In a small bowl, combine the oil, vinegar, seasoned salt, Italian seasoning and fennel. Pour over cereal mixture and toss to coat. Stir in cheese.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 3 minutes, stirring after each minute. Spread on waxed paper to cool. Store in an airtight container. Yield: 14 servings (2-1/2 quarts).
Originally published as Italian Snack Mix in Simple & Delicious June/July 2011, p52
Reviews for Italian Parmesan Snack Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed May. 25, 2012
"Yuck. Did not taste Italian at all. Basically vinegar and cereal. Not a pleasant combination."