This light pasta salad is an ideal summer side dish for any potluck or picnic. It’s also great for a weeknight dinner. —Cindy Springsteen, Denver, Colorado
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 1 package (16 ounces) orzo pasta
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups chopped plum tomatoes
- 1 cup chopped seeded peeled cucumber
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh baby spinach, chopped
- 1-3/4 cups (7 ounces ) crumbled feta cheese
- 1/2 cup pine nuts, toasted
- In a large saucepan, bring broth to a boil; add pasta. Return to a boil. Cook, uncovered, for 10-12 minutes or until pasta is tender. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk the oil, vinegar, lemon juice, honey, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the tomatoes, cucumber, basil, onions and spinach. Drain pasta; add to tomato mixture. Drizzle with dressing; toss to coat. Chill until serving.
- Just before serving, stir in cheese and pine nuts. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Italian Orzo Salad in Simple & Delicious June/July 2010, p29
Reviews for Italian Orzo Salad
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review