Italian Orange Roughy
"My family loves this moist and tender fish swimming in a flavorful sauce," writes Alice Mashek of Schaumburg, Illinois. "It's easy to marinate first, then cook quickly in the microwave.
4 ServingsPrep: 5 min. + marinating Cook: 5 min.
- 1 pound orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Place fish fillets in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish,
- positioning the thickest portion of fish toward the outside edges.
- In a small bowl, combine the tomato juice, vinegar and salad
- dressing mix; pour over fish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with onions and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high
- for 2 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 1-3 minutes longer or until
- fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes.
- Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 fillet equals 105 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon