Italian Orange Roughy Recipe
- 1 pound orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 1. Place fish fillets in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, positioning the thickest portion of fish toward the outside edges. In a small bowl, combine the tomato juice, vinegar and salad dressing mix; pour over fish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- 2. Sprinkle with onions and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 1-3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
1 fillet equals 105 calories, 1 g fat (trace saturated fat), 68 mg cholesterol, 805 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 lean meat, 1/2 starch.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.