- 1 pound orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Place fish fillets in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, positioning the thickest portion of fish toward the outside edges. In a small bowl, combine the tomato juice, vinegar and salad dressing mix; pour over fish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with onions and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 1-3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Orange Roughy
Sort By :
"It sounds delicious and I will be trying it with some modifications. This recipe gets a fail for the low-sodium category. My husband is recovering from a heart attack and the guidelines for anyone over age 50, regardless of heart health is 1500 mg of sodium a day. Under age 50 2000/daily. This recipe could easily be made more heart friendly by using Hunt's no sodium tomato sauce instead of the incredibly higher sodium tomato juice. The other lower sodium modification I will try is my own italian seasonings and Diamond Crystals salt sense versus a pre-packaged seasoning mix. Again, most of these mixes and high in sodium content."