Italian Orange Roughy Recipe
"My family loves this moist and tender fish swimming in a flavorful sauce," writes Alice Mashek of Schaumburg, Illinois. "It's easy to marinate first, then cook quickly in the microwave.
- 1 pound orange roughy fillets
- 1/2 cup tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper
- Place fish fillets in a shallow 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, positioning the thickest portion of fish toward the outside edges. In a small bowl, combine the tomato juice, vinegar and salad dressing mix; pour over fish. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Sprinkle with onions and green pepper. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes. Turn fillets over; cook 1-3 minutes longer or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Let stand, covered, for 2 minutes. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Orange Roughy in Quick Cooking July/August 2001, p39
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Italian Orange Roughy(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Dinner Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Fish Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- Low Carb Dinner Recipes >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Sodium Dinner Recipes >
- Low Sodium Recipes >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Main Dish Recipes >