- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup sliced zucchini
- 3 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 eggs
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- In a large nonstick skillet, saute mushrooms and zucchini in 2 tablespoons butter until tender; remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, melt remaining butter. In a small bowl, whisk the eggs, water, salt and pepper. Add to skillet (mixture should set immediately at edges). As eggs set, push cooked edges toward the center, letting uncooked portion flow underneath.
- When the eggs are set, spoon vegetable mixture over one side and sprinkle with cheese. Fold other side over filling. Remove from the heat.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, melt butter. Add remaining sauce ingredients; cook and stir for 5 minutes or until heated through. Serve with omelet. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Omelet in Taste of Home August/September 1998, p53
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
Reviews for Italian Omelet
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review