I seldom know if I'm going to have one, two or 15 people at the table for meals, so I need fast simple recipes. This one's both—plus tasty. Kids seem to really like it.—Barbara Thomas, Mankato, Kansas
- 4 cups uncooked egg noodles
- 1/2 pound ground beef
- 1/4 pound miniature smoked sausage links
- 2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1 jar (26 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 cup (8 ounces) 4% cottage cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, cook beef and sausage over medium heat until beef is no longer pink; drain. Add the corn, spaghetti sauce, cottage cheese and garlic powder; heat through. Drain noodles and stir into beef mixture. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover and cook for 5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4-6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Noodles in Casserole Cookbook 2001, p135
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Noodles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review