Italian Noodle Casserole Recipe
- 1 pound ground turkey or beef
- 1 package (8 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese, divided
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon each onion salt, garlic salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1. In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the beef, noodles, oil, 1-1/2 cups Colby cheese, tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, soup and seasonings.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Colby cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 444 calories, 20 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 92 mg cholesterol, 1,047 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.