- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (8 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese, divided
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon each onion salt, garlic salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the beef, noodles, oil, 1-1/2 cups Colby cheese, tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, soup and seasonings.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Colby cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Noodle Casserole in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p58
Reviews for Italian Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 21, 2011
"i wasnt too sure bout this one but it turned out great even the hubby loved it thanks for sharing this will be a weekly addition to our menu :)"