Canned goods make it a snap to assemble this hearty Italian dish from Joann Hosbach, Las Cruces, New Mexico.
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 package (8 ounces) wide egg noodles
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Colby cheese, divided
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) tomato sauce
- 1 can (15-1/2 ounces) great northern beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed tomato soup, undiluted
- 2 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/8 teaspoon each onion salt, garlic salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Meanwhile, cook noodles according to package directions; drain. In a large bowl, combine the beef, noodles, oil, 1-1/2 cups Colby cheese, tomato sauce, beans, tomatoes, soup and seasonings.
- Transfer to a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Cover and bake at 350° for 30 minutes. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and remaining Colby cheese. Bake, uncovered, for 5-10 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Italian Noodle Casserole in Quick Cooking May/June 2003, p58
Reviews for Italian Noodle Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review