Italian Mushroom Meat Loaf Recipe
- 1 large egg, lightly beaten
- 1/4 pound fresh mushrooms, chopped
- 1/2 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1/4 cup ground flaxseed
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 package (19-1/2 ounces) Italian turkey sausage links, casings removed, crumbled
- 1 pound lean ground beef (90% lean)
- 1 cup marinara or spaghetti sauce
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, mushrooms, oats, onion, flax and pepper. Crumble turkey and beef over mixture and mix well.
- 2. Shape into a 10-in. x 4-in. loaf. Place in a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 50 minutes; drain. Top with marinara sauce. Bake 10-15 minutes longer or until no pink remains and a thermometer reads 165°. Yield: 8 servings.
1 slice: 261 calories, 14g fat (3g saturated fat), 103mg cholesterol, 509mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (3g sugars, 2g fiber), 25g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Italian Mushroom Meat Loaf
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.