Italian Muffuletta Recipe
- 2/3 cup pimiento-stuffed olives, chopped
- 1 can (4-1/4 ounces) chopped ripe olives
- 6 tablespoons shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 loaf (1 pound) Italian bread
- 1/2 pound sliced deli turkey
- 1/4 pound sliced Swiss cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced hard salami
- 1/4 pound sliced provolone cheese
- 1/4 pound thinly sliced bologna
- In a small bowl, combine the first five ingredients; set aside.
- Cut bread in half horizontally; carefully hollow out top and bottom, leaving a 1-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- Spoon half of olive mixture over bottom half of bread. Layer with turkey, Swiss cheese, salami, provolone cheese, bologna and remaining olive mixture. Replace bread top. Cut into six wedges. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Italian Muffuletta(4)
Sort By :
Delicious! This was quick, easy and my whole family loved it.
This was easy to make and delicious. I substitued ham for the bologna and pepperoni for the salami. I also made the spread up a day ahead of time and it was fine. Hubby loved it!
These are also great made on a french bread and sliced into smaller bite sized sandwiches with a fancy toothpick.
This is a fantastic sandwich! Especially when you have to feed several people. I varied some of the ingredients to suit my family's tastes and used a sourdough boule and it was wonderful- I will use this recipe frequently!
More Recipe Collections
- Birthday Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Cold Sandwich Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >
- July 4th Dinner >
- July 4th Recipes >
- Labor Day Main Dishes >
- Labor Day Recipes >
- Memorial Day Dinners >
- Memorial Day Recipes >
- New Year's Dinner Recipes >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Pork Dinner Recipes >
- Sandwiches >