These eye-appealing vegetables are the ideal accompaniment to any main course. Bottled salad dressing and herbs dress up frozen vegetables, making this a great stovetop side dish for hurried weeknights.—Dawn Harvey, Danville, Pennsylvania
Recommended: 40 Recipes for Vegetable Soup
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 package (24 ounces) frozen California-blend vegetables
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat Italian salad dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon dried oregano
- Bring vegetables and water to a boil in a large nonstick skillet. Cover and cook for 10-12 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Uncover; cook and stir until liquid is evaporated.
- Add the salad dressing, salt, basil and oregano. Cook and stir until heated through. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Mixed Vegetables in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p11
Reviews forItalian Mixed Vegetables
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 13, 2012
"Used fresh basil and it came out pretty good."
Reviewed Mar. 14, 2010
"This was great and so easy. I used a fat free Italian Dressing I will be making this often."