Italian Meatballs Recipe
- 4 slices day-old French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- Marinara sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- Soak bread in milk for 10 minutes; drain and squeeze bread. In a blender in food processor, combine the bread, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and allspice; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef and sausage. Add bread mixture; mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink; drain. In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce; add the meatballs and heat through.
- Serve over pasta. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Italian Meatballs
Sort By :
"Very nice. I liked baking instead of frying."
"Finally, a meatball lover's meatball recipe! This was delicious. The only thing I did differently was I used Italian seasoned ground turkey, only one teaspoon of Kosher salt, and I didn't use a food processor, I just mixed everything by hand the old fashioned way. I didn't have pasta, but with Ina Garten's Marinara Sauce recipe, I did have heaven on a plate. Yummy!"
"Fantastic! I've made this twice recently, once with the fresh garlic, which was excellent, and once substituting garlic powder, which just didn't do it. Lesson learned."
"My kids absolutely love these, as does my husband. I have found that 1/2 a cup of milk is plenty, because it seemed like so much was wasted when you squeezed the bread out. Delicious just the same."
"These were great! I used them to make meatball bombers. I didn't have day old bread so I just used fresh bread and it worked perfect. We will make these again!"