Italian Meatballs Recipe
- 4 slices day-old French bread (1/2 inch thick)
- 1 cup milk
- 2 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1/2 pound bulk Italian sausage
- Marinara sauce
- Hot cooked pasta
- Soak bread in milk for 10 minutes; drain and squeeze bread. In a blender in food processor, combine the bread, eggs, Parmesan cheese, parsley, garlic, oil, salt, pepper and allspice; cover and process until smooth.
- In a large bowl, combine the beef and sausage. Add bread mixture; mix well. Shape into 2-in. balls. Place on a greased rack in a shallow baking pan.
- Bake, uncovered, at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until the meatballs are no longer pink; drain. In a large saucepan, heat marinara sauce; add the meatballs and heat through.
- Serve over pasta. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Reviews for Italian Meatballs(6)
Sort By :
Fantastic! I've made this twice recently, once with the fresh garlic, which was excellent, and once substituting garlic powder, which just didn't do it. Lesson learned.
My kids absolutely love these, as does my husband. I have found that 1/2 a cup of milk is plenty, because it seemed like so much was wasted when you squeezed the bread out. Delicious just the same.
These were great! I used them to make meatball bombers. I didn't have day old bread so I just used fresh bread and it worked perfect. We will make these again!
This meatball recipe has become a favorite with our family. We make huge batches and freeze a bunch of them so we can some on hand anytime -- great for meatball sandwiches. We love the adding of ground allspice so much that we experiment with other flavors -- such as star anise, even my own blend of "pumpkin pie spices". We find you can vary the ratio of pork to beef and there's never a reason to squeeze out the milk of the bread cubeletes---just add a little less milk. I never knew Aunt Simi..but her recipe is inspired!
Easy to make and delicious. My family, friends, and kids loved it.
More Recipe Collections
- Baked Pasta >
- Baking Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Comfort Food Dinner Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Ground Beef Meatball Recipes >
- Ground Beef Pasta Recipes >
- Ground Beef Recipes >
- Italian Dinners >
- Italian Recipes >