Italian Meatball Seasoning Recipe
- 8 slices day-old white bread, cut into thirds
- 8 teaspoons dried oregano
- 8 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 4 teaspoons dried basil
- 4 teaspoons dried marjoram
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch of meatballs):
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1. Place bread on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 200° for 20 minutes. Turn; bake 15-20 minutes longer or until dried. Place bread in a blender or food processor; cover and process until crumbly. Add seasonings. Store in an airtight container in a cool dry place for up to 6 months. Yield: 2 batches (about 2 cups total).
- 2. To prepare meatballs: In a bowl, combine eggs, milk, 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, garlic and pepper. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in oil; cook until meat is no longer pink. Drain on paper towels. Yield: 2 dozen.
3 each: 77 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 32mg cholesterol, 134mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (1g sugars, trace fiber), 6g protein
Reviews for Italian Meatball Seasoning
"it dose not have the degree's or how long to cook it"
"thank you for this recipe. I have been looking for a good recipe like this for a while. It is very good."