Italian Meatball Sandwiches Recipe
Frozen meatballs and store-bought spaghetti sauce are the time-saving tricks to these fast and filling sandwiches. Whip them up and watch them disappear!
- 2 packages (12 ounces each) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs
- 1 jar (28 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 3/4 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup chopped green pepper
- 6 hoagie or submarine buns, split
- 1. Place meatballs in a microwave-safe dish. Cover and microwave on high for 1-2 minutes or until slightly thawed.
- 2. Transfer to a large saucepan; add the spaghetti sauce, mushrooms and green pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 3-6 minutes or until the meatballs are heated through. Serve on buns. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 506 calories, 24 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 1,433 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 19 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC