Italian Meatball Mix Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup dried minced onion
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Yield: 4 batches (about 4 cups total).
- 2. To prepare meatballs: In a large bowl, combine egg and 1 cup meatball mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 3. In a skillet, brown meatballs; drain. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 16 meatballs per batch.
4 each: 83 calories, 4g fat (2g saturated fat), 33mg cholesterol, 155mg sodium, 4g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 7g protein .
Reviews for Italian Meatball Mix
"Sorry, I get the'I'm Italian' authenticity part but I'm Norwegian and simple is sometimes needed. I made these and they were great . I will make them again as my hubby loved them and so did I."
"My family loved this recipe. Yum! Easy and quick!"
"It was a nice simple recipe. Fresh ingredients are always nicer but after a long day at work it is nice to have this mix ready in the frig. It tastes great and the family approves!"
"Family loves these meatballs. It's nice to have the mix on hand in fridge. Thanks for the recipe!!"
"this is NOT near an italian meatball recipe. Its all dry herbs, and nothing is correct. READ my meatball mix under "BATTUTO" I am Italian and I will help you make a "SPICY MEATBALL" mangia mangia"
"this recipe is soo wrong, it should not be followed. It is NOT italian or real at all. She uses all dry herbs, WHY. No cook uses dry parsley, and garlic powder, and onion powder, and never bread crumbs, only real day old wet bread. She is NOT italian obviously, watch for MY recipe on meatballs"