"I keep this blend for moist meatballs in the fridge for a quick Italian meal," relates Lois Crissman of Mansfield, Ohio. "Sometimes my daughter stops by on her way home from work, so a cupful will be missing and I'll find a little note on the refrigerator door."
- 2-1/2 cups dry bread crumbs
- 2/3 cup dried minced onion
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic salt
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 pound ground beef
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Store in the refrigerator for up to 2 months. Yield: 4 batches (about 4 cups total).
- To prepare meatballs: In a large bowl, combine egg and 1 cup meatball mix. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- In a skillet, brown meatballs; drain. Transfer to a 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Bake at 400° for 20-25 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Yield: 16 meatballs per batch.
Originally published as Italian Meatball Mix in Quick Cooking December 2000, p63
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Meatball Mix
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review