Italian Meatball Kabobs Recipe
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 4 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2-1/2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 medium onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium sweet red pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium zucchini, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 small eggplant, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1/2 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-1/2-in. balls.
- 2. On 12 metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meatballs and vegetables. In a small bowl, combine vinegar and oil.
- 3. Grill kabobs, covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until meatballs are no longer pink and vegetables are tender, basting frequently with vinegar mixture and turning occasionally. Yield: 12 kabobs.
1 kabob equals 325 calories, 22 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 97 mg cholesterol, 315 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 21 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.