Italian Meatball Buns
One of the greatest gifts I love to share with my six grandkids is making special recipes just for them. The meatballs inside the rolls are a savory surprise. —Trina Linder-Mobley, Clover, South Carolina
24 ServingsPrep: 30 min. + rising Bake: 15 min.
- 12 frozen bread dough dinner Rolls
- 1 package (12 ounces) frozen fully cooked Italian meatballs, thawed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1-1/2 cups marinara sauce, warmed
- Let dough stand at room temperature 25-30 minutes or until softened.
- Cut each roll in half. Wrap each portion around a meatball, enclosing
- meatball completely; pinch dough firmly to seal. Place on greased
- baking sheets, seam side down. Cover with kitchen towels; let rise
- in a warm place until almost doubled, about 1-1/2 to 2 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Bake buns 12-15 minutes or until golden
- brown. Brush tops with oil; sprinkle with cheese and basil. Serve
- with marinara sauce. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 bun with 1 tablespoon sauce equals 112 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 248 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 5 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a