Italian Meatball 'n' Bean Soup Recipe
This is a taste sensation the whole family will love.—Amanda Bowyer, Caldwell, Idaho
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, and bread crumbs. Crumble sausage and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches; drain.
- 2. Transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer inserted in a meatball reaches 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving equals 529 calories, 31 g fat (11 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 1,273 mg sodium, 35 g carbohydrate, 8 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Meatball 'n' Bean Soup
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC