- 1 Eggland's Best Egg
- 3 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 pound bulk Italian sausage
- 1/2 pound ground turkey
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) diced tomatoes
- 1 can (15 ounces) white kidney or cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 cup water
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 teaspoon dried minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, milk, and bread crumbs. Crumble sausage and turkey over mixture and mix well. Shape into 1-in. balls. In a large skillet, brown meatballs in batches; drain.
- Transfer meatballs to a 3-qt. slow cooker. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and cook on low for 5-6 hours or until a thermometer inserted in a meatball reaches 160°. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Meatball 'n' Bean Soup in Taste of Home Everyday Slow Cooker & One Dish Recipes Annual 2008, p22
Reviews for Italian Meatball 'n' Bean Soup(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review