Italian Meat Stromboli Recipe
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 block (8 ounces) brick cheese, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 5 ounces sliced deli ham
- 1. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Layer with brick cheese, pizza sauce, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon oregano, mozzarella cheese, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, pepperoni and ham.
- 3. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and oregano.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Yield: 10 servings.
1 slice: 319 calories, 16g fat (7g saturated fat), 47mg cholesterol, 854mg sodium, 28g carbohydrate (4g sugars, 2g fiber), 19g protein.
Reviews for Italian Meat Stromboli
"Family loved it. I used pepper jack for the brick cheese and shredded it. Also added 1/2 lb. of crumbled cooked sausage."