Italian Meat Stromboli Recipe
As a mother of two, it seems the only time I have to be creative is in the kitchen. I received a similar recipe from a co-worker but decided to add veggies and spices.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1 block (8 ounces) brick cheese, sliced
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 5 ounces sliced deli ham
- 1. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. On a greased baking sheet, roll out dough into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Layer with brick cheese, pizza sauce, 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder, 1/8 teaspoon oregano, mozzarella cheese, green pepper, onion, mushrooms, Parmesan cheese, pepperoni and ham.
- 3. Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side; pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under. Sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and oregano.
- 4. Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into slices. Yield: 10 servings.
1 serving (1 slice) equals 319 calories, 16 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 47 mg cholesterol, 854 mg sodium, 28 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Meat Stromboli
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC