As a mother of two, it seems the only time I have to be creative is in the kitchen. I received a similar recipe from a co-worker but decided to add veggies and spices.
Recommended: 19 Stromboli Recipes
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 8 ounces brick cheese, shredded
- 1 can (8 ounces) pizza sauce
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano, divided
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) sliced pepperoni
- 5 ounces sliced deli ham
- Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease the top. Cover with plastic wrap and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Mix pizza sauce and 1/8 teaspoon each garlic powder and oregano.
- Punch down dough. On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 15x10-in. rectangle. Top with brick cheese, sauce mixture, mozzarella cheese, vegetables, Parmesan cheese and meats to within 1 in. of edges.
- Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side. Pinch seam to seal and tuck ends under; transfer to a greased baking sheet. Sprinkle with remaining garlic powder and oregano. Bake until golden brown, 25-30 minutes. Yield: 10 servings.
Originally published as Pizza Stromboli in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2007, p96
Reviews for Italian Meat Stromboli
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Apr. 9, 2015
"Family loved it. I used pepper jack for the brick cheese and shredded it. Also added 1/2 lb. of crumbled cooked sausage."