Italian Meat Loaf Sandwiches Recipe
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 12 slices Italian bread (3/4 inch thick)
- 6 slices provolone cheese
- 1/3 cup Ragú® Homemade Style Pizza Sauce
- 1/2 cup giardiniera
- 6 slices cooked meat loaf, warmed
- 1. Butter one side of each slice of bread. Place six slices on a griddle, buttered side down. Layer with the cheese, pizza sauce, giardiniera, meat loaf and remaining bread, buttered side up. Cook over medium heat until golden brown, turning once. Yield: 6 servings.
1 sandwich equals 623 calories, 39 g fat (19 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 1,023 mg sodium, 38 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 30 g protein.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.