- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 pound bulk pork sausage
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cheddar cheese soup, undiluted
- 1-1/4 cups milk
- 1 can (8 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, sausage, onion, pepper and salt over medium heat until meat is no longer pink. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the soup, milk, tomato sauce, garlic powder, oregano and sugar. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes or until heated through.
- Drain meat mixture; spoon half into a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Layer half of the potatoes. Repeat layers. Top with soup mixture.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 1-1/4 hours or until potatoes are tender. Uncover; sprinkle with cheese. Bake 15 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Meat and Potatoes
Sort By :
"I made this casserole tonight and it was indeed one of those casseroles that you just get up out of your chair for seconds mmm! In fact I had to stop the kids from getting thirds.I did change a few things tho. I sliced the potatoes just a little thicker and boiled for 6-8 min., drained well, and layered all ingredients like a lasagna (meat, potatoes, sauce, and cheese, repeat) yes the cheese. I went on ahead and added it. Cover for 35 min. and uncover for 15 min, perfect!!"
"Just read all the yummy ingredients in this dish. OMGosh. Look forward to making this mouth watering casserole, SOON!!"
"Family enjoyed this. Reheated well. Easy to make."
"I have made this soooo many times exactly as written and as my husband says "Top Ten"!"