- the baking sheet about 1-inch apart.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden color. Place cookie sheet on
- cooling rack. Cool completely.
- Prepare frosting while cookies are cooling. Combine shortening and
- sugar in a medium bowl using a pastry blender. Stir in warm milk, a
- little at a time, until the shortening is a good consistency to
- spread. Stir in lemon extract. Spread a thin layer of frosting on
- the cookies. Yield: 2 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: Calories 139, Total Fat 5g, Saturated Fat 1.3g, Cholesterol 9mg, Sodium 48mg, Total Carbohydrate 21.3g, Dietary Fiber 0g, Protein 1.5g, Vitamin A <1%DV, Vitamin C <1%DV, Calcium 4%DV, Iron <1%DV
Wine: Sweet White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.