Italian Leg of Lamb
When this pleasantly seasoned roast appears on my Easter table, no one walks away hungry. Garlic, lemon juice and seasonings make each bite of this succulent lamb irresistible.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. + marinating Bake: 2-1/4 hours
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 New Zealand boneless leg of lamb (4 to 5 pounds)
Make a holiday feast guests will love with pasture-raised, grass-fed lamb.
Learn More >
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Pour
- half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb.
- Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or
- overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from lamb. Place lamb fat side up on a
- rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for
- 2-1/4 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium,
- a meat thermometer should read 160°; well-done, 170°),
- basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10-15
- minutes before slicing. Yield: 11 servings.
Wine: Medium-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.