VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (4 to 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from lamb. Place lamb fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/4 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium, a meat thermometer should read 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Italian Leg of Lamb in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p172