Italian Leg of Lamb with Lemon Sauce Recipe
- 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons chopped anchovy fillets
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon salt
- One 2-gallon resealable plastic bag
- 1 boneless leg of lamb (5 to 6 pounds), trimmed
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cold water
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 2/3 cup marinade into the 2-gallon resealable plastic bag. Add the lamb; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Preheat oven to 325°. Drain and discard marinade. Place leg of lamb on a rack in a roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, 2-1/4 to 2-3/4 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°).
- 3. Remove meat to a serving platter and let stand 15 minutes before slicing.
- 4. Meanwhile, pour drippings and loosened brown bits into a 2-cup measuring cup. Skim fat; add reserved marinade and enough water to measure 1-3/4 cups.
- 5. In a small saucepan, combine flour and cold water until smooth. Gradually stir in drippings. Bring to a boil; cook and stir 2 minutes or until thickened. Serve with lamb. Yield: 12 servings (2 cups gravy).
1 each: 319 calories, 17g fat (5g saturated fat), 115mg cholesterol, 262mg sodium, 3g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 0g fiber), 36g protein .
Reviews for Italian Leg of Lamb with Lemon Sauce
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.