Italian Leg of Lamb Recipe
When this pleasantly seasoned roast appears on my Easter table, no one walks away hungry. Garlic, lemon juice and seasonings make each bite of this succulent lamb irresistible.
- 1/2 to 2/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 New Zealand boneless leg of lamb (4 to 5 pounds)
- In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, oil and seasonings. Pour half of the marinade into a large resealable plastic bag; add lamb. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade from lamb. Place lamb fat side up on a rack in a shallow roasting pan. Bake, uncovered, at 325° for 2-1/4 to 3 hours or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium, a meat thermometer should read 160°; well-done, 170°), basting occasionally with reserved marinade. Let stand for 10-15 minutes before slicing. Yield: 11 servings.
Originally published as Italian Leg of Lamb in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2001, p172
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Leg of Lamb(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review