Italian Hunters Stew Recipe
- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large onions, quartered
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces mostaccioli or penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1. Toss meat with flour; brown on all sides in oil in 5-qt. Dutch oven. Add garlic and onions; saute until tender. Stir in the broth, seasoned salt, chili powder, oregano and rosemary.
- 2. Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and carrots. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat and carrots are tender. Stir in macaroni; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
1 serving (1-1/2 cups) equals 318 calories, 12 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 58 mg cholesterol, 1,240 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Hunters Stew
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.