- 2 pounds beef stew meat, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 large onions, quartered
- 1 cup beef broth
- 2 tablespoons seasoned salt
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 cans (14-1/2 ounces each) Italian stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (6 ounces) tomato paste
- 1/2 cup minced fresh parsley
- 3 medium carrots, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 8 ounces mostaccioli or penne pasta, cooked and drained
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Toss meat with flour; brown on all sides in oil in 5-qt. Dutch oven. Add garlic and onions; saute until tender. Stir in the broth, seasoned salt, chili powder, oregano and rosemary.
- Cover and simmer for 1-1/2 hours. Add tomatoes, tomato paste, parsley and carrots. Cover and simmer for 1 hour or until meat and carrots are tender. Stir in macaroni; heat through. Sprinkle with cheese. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Hunters Stew
"I left out one of the tablespoons of seasoned salt and cooked it in my slow cooker on low for 8 hours and it still turned out very rich and flavorful. A welcome change from the usual stew with potatoes."