- 1-1/2 cups uncooked small pasta shells
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 4 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook the beef, 1/2 cup mushrooms, onion and green pepper until meat is no longer pink; drain. Stir in the tomato sauce, oregano, garlic powder, onion powder and pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
- Drain pasta; place in an 8-in. square baking dish coated with cooking spray. Top with meat sauce and remaining mushrooms. Sprinkle with 1/4 cup mozzarella cheese and 2 teaspoons Parmesan cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 35 minutes. Uncover; sprinkle with remaining cheeses. Bake 5-10 minutes longer or until heated through and cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Italian Hot Dish
Sort By :
"I love this dish idea. I change almost every recipe so I do Italian seasoned ground turkey (that way you actually don't need to add spices and it's got lots of flavor) I add minced garlic when browning the turkey and veggies. I also use a whole bag of mozzarella cheese on top and I only bake for like 25 minutes and then take the lid off for 10 more minutes. I also over cook so all the ingredients are doubled in my bake. But everyone in my house loves this dish!!!"
"kids liked it more than I did. a bit bland"
"Absolutely fabulous!! I changed the hamburger to half sausage and half turkey and instead of using tomato sauce used spaghetti sauce and it was magnificoo!"
"this! is a comfort food."
"Add a can of diced tomatoes next time."