- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sugar, Italian seasoning, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic powder. Serve with warm muffins. Yield: 10 muffins.
Reviews forItalian Herb Muffins
"Really almost excellent - just a little too dry for me."
"I make these muffins at least every other week. They go with everything! My boys love them. Muffins mix up quick. Great recipe!"
"I love these....so quick and easy!!!!!They are a little dry, though, so you may want to add another egg.I have also successfully made them glute-free!"