My husband enjoys garlic bread with spaghetti. While preparing spaghetti for dinner one day, I realized I was out of bread and thought, “Why not make an herb muffin instead?” I created with this recipe, and it was a hit. —Cyndee Page, Reno, Nevada
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, cheese, sugar, Italian seasoning, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, combine the egg, milk and oil; stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- In a small bowl, combine the butter and garlic powder. Serve with warm muffins. Yield: 10 muffins.
Originally published as Italian Herb Muffins in Taste of Home February/March 2006, p31
Reviews for Italian Herb Muffins
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review