Italian Herb Dipping Blend Recipe
Don't eat bread alone...enjoy fresh baked bread, like Sun-Dried Tomato Provolone Bread on page xxx with this herb flecked oil. Bead Alone by Judith Hendricks tells the story of the joy one woman experiences from bread making.—
- 2/3 cup dried basil
- 2/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 6 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Italian or French bread
- 1. Combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to small spice jars. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Shake before using. Yield: 16 batches (2 cups mix).
- 2. To prepare dipping blend: In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons seasoning mix with olive oil just until heated through. Divide among four shallow serving plates. Serve with bread. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
2 tablespoons (calculated without bread): 244 calories, 27g fat (4g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 76mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 0 protein.
Reviews for Italian Herb Dipping Blend
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC