Don't eat bread alone...enjoy fresh baked bread, like Sun-Dried Tomato Provolone Bread on page xxx with this herb flecked oil. Bead Alone by Judith Hendricks tells the story of the joy one woman experiences from bread making.—
- 2/3 cup dried basil
- 2/3 cup dried parsley flakes
- 6 tablespoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 2 tablespoons dried minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons dried marjoram
- 2 tablespoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons sugar
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons coarsely ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- ADDITIONAL INGREDIENTS (for each batch):
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Italian or French bread
- Combine the first 10 ingredients. Transfer to small spice jars. Store in a cool dry place for up to 1 year. Shake before using. Yield: 16 batches (2 cups mix).
- To prepare dipping blend: In a small skillet, heat 2 tablespoons seasoning mix with olive oil just until heated through. Divide among four shallow serving plates. Serve with bread. Yield: 4 servings per batch.
Originally published as Italian Herb Dipping Blend in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2012, p160
Reviews for Italian Herb Dipping Blend
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review