- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 boneless pork loin roast (3 to 4 pounds)
- 8 medium carrots, halved lengthwise
- 2 medium onions, quartered
- In a small bowl, mix oil, garlic and seasonings; rub over roast. Arrange carrots and onions on the bottom of a 13x9-in. baking pan. Place roast over vegetables, fat side up. Refrigerate, covered, 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 475°. Roast the pork for 20 minutes.
- Reduce oven setting to 425°. Roast 30-40 minutes longer or until a thermometer reads 145° and vegetables are tender. Remove roast from oven; tent with foil. Let stand 20 minutes before slicing. Yield: 8 servings.
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Italian Herb-Crusted Pork Loin
"Very nice recipe. It took a bit longer than the instructions stated but well worth the wait."
"Great flavor! Even good the next day as leftovers."
"We added a cranberry pesto to top this off and it was amazing!"
"The roast was delicious and very moist!"
"This is an excellent roast. It comes out moist, tender, and flavorful. I made different veggies and cooked them separately...red cabbage & apples and mashed potatoes. Thanks for posting."
"This is in the oven right now. If I had to rate it based on smell alone, it would definitely get five stars! Can't wait to taste it, will rate after dinner.So after having dinner I have to change my review a bit. The pork itself was delicious and perfectly done. The carrots weren't quite done to my liking, and I think the veggies themselves should have been seasoned with at least salt and pepper. Overall, I would definitely make this again, but with a couple alterations."
"Paired great with the cranberry basil pesto on the same page in the magazine. I don't remember the exact name of the recipe."
"Very juicy and tender, Great flavor. huge hit with the family. Will definitely make again!"