"I modified a recipe to come up with this savory bread that my family loves," says Dolores Bell of Belleview, Florida. "A loaf does not last long. In fact, they begin cutting it while it's still hot!"
- 1 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon dill weed
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select basic bread setting. Choose crust color and loaf size if available.
- Bake according to bread machine directions (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed). Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds).
Originally published as Parmesan Herb Bread in Quick Cooking May/June 2002, p19
Reviews for Italian Herb Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review