- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1/3 cup butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- Marinara sauce, warmed, optional
- On a lightly floured surface, roll dough into a 12-in. square. In a small bowl, mix butter, Italian seasoning and garlic; spread over dough. Sprinkle mozzarella cheese and 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese over butter mixture. Fold dough in thirds over filling; pinch seams to seal.
- Cut crosswise into twenty-four 1/2-in.-wide strips. Twist each strip 2-3 times. Place 2 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise until almost doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan cheese. Bake 20-22 minutes or until golden brown. If desired, serve with marinara sauce. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Italian Herb and Cheese Breadsticks in Taste of Home Christmas Annual Annual 2016, p29
Reviews for Italian Herb and Cheese Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review