- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Italian Hamburgers
Sort By :
My kids and I all loved these. They were easy to amke and delicious.
I have made this several times. I tweak the stronger spices to suit my children's taste. It is easy and oh-so-yummy!
This went over very well with my family of picky eaters! Simple and delicous. I also tried it with a jar of spaghetti sauce with mushrooms instead of the tomato sauce and it was very good!