These burgers make a super supper that takes only minutes to prepare but still leaves the impression that I've spent time cooking.—Ronda Lawson, Dublin, California
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- Combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into six patties.
- In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Italian Hamburgers in Taste of Home June/July 1999, p9
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Italian Hamburgers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review