Italian Hamburgers Recipe
- 6 tablespoons dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup chopped onion
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound ground beef
- 6 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese, divided
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- Hot cooked spaghetti, optional
- 1. Combine the first seven ingredients. Crumble beef and sprinkle 3 tablespoons Parmesan cheese over mixture; mix well. Shape into six patties.
- 2. In a large skillet, cook patties for 2 minutes on each side or until lightly browned. Combine the tomato sauce and Italian seasoning; pour over patties. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or until meat is no longer pink. Sprinkle with remaining cheese. serve patties and sauce over spaghetti if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 192 calories, 9 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 626 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 18 g protein.
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.