Here's a zesty side dish that will complement any main course. “This recipe was an experiment I tried when I had some leftover vegetables in the refrigerator,” says Anna Marie Short of Lonedell, Missouri. “Now, it is one of our favorites.”
- 1/3 cup chopped green pepper
- 3 medium fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup fresh cauliflowerets
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1/4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3 cherry tomatoes, halved
- Place the green pepper, mushrooms, broccoli, cauliflower and onion in a large resealable plastic bag. Add salad dressing; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for 1 hour, turning at least once.
- Transfer vegetables to a double thickness of heavy-duty foil (about 18 in. x 12 in.). Fold foil around vegetables and seal tightly.
- Grill, covered, over medium heat for 20-25 minutes or until tender. Open foil carefully to allow steam to escape. Spoon into a serving bowl; stir in tomatoes. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Italian Grilled Veggies in Cooking for 2 Summer 2007, p17
Reviews for Italian Grilled Veggies
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review