Italian Grilled Chicken Salad Recipe
- 3 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (4 ounces each)
- 4 ounces Italian bread, sliced
- 4 cups torn romaine
- 2 cups chopped seeded tomatoes
- 1 cup white kidney or cannellini beans
- 1/3 cup minced fresh basil
- 1. In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first six ingredients; shake well. Remove 1 tablespoon vinegar mixture; brush over chicken. Cover and refrigerate for 30 minutes. Set aside remaining vinegar mixture.
- 2. Coat grill rack with cooking spray before starting grill. Grill chicken, covered, over medium heat for 4-6 minutes on each side or until a meat thermometer reads 170°.
- 3. Brush bread slices with 1 tablespoon reserved vinegar mixture. Grill bread, uncovered, over medium heat for 2 minutes on each side or until toasted. Slice chicken and cut bread into cubes; set aside.
- 4. In a large bowl, combine the romaine, tomatoes, beans, basil and bread cubes. Drizzle with remaining vinegar mixture; toss to coat. Arrange on salad plates. Top with chicken. Yield: 4 servings.
1-1/2 cups: 379 calories, 13g fat (2g saturated fat), 66mg cholesterol, 632mg sodium, 31g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 5g fiber), 33g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat, 1-1/2 starch, 1-1/2 fat, 1 vegetable.
Reviews for Italian Grilled Chicken Salad
"Loved this - found this in the late fall so made it on my stove top grill but it was still wonderful."