Italian Grilled Cheese
These sandwiches are a delicious, dressed-up version of the traditional favorite. The pocket of melted mozzarella or provolone cheese and a crisp crumb coating give these hot sandwiches a tasty twist.Vera Ambroselli, Lehigh Acres, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 4 slices Italian bread (1 inch thick)
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese or provolone cheese
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 2/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Cut a 3-in. pocket in each slice of bread; place a slice of cheese in
- each pocket. In a large bowl, whisk the eggs, milk, Italian
- seasoning and garlic salt. Soak bread for 2 minutes on each side.
- Coat with bread crumbs.
- Cook on a hot greased griddle until golden brown on both side and
- cooked through. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 310 calories, 13 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 186 mg cholesterol, 856 mg sodium, 31 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 17 g protein.