- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Marinara sauce warmed, optional
- Spread four bread slices with pesto. Layer with cheeses; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Country Woman June/July 2011, p43
Reviews for Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Dec. 2, 2015
"Haven't tried yet, but will for certain and I think I'll add sliced tomato and use my indoor grill."
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2011
"These are superb. I love pesto with cheese."
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2011