Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
I made up this recipe for the students in the foods and nutrition class I teach. The kids like it so much, they often go home and fix it for their families.—Beth Hiott, York, South Carolina
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Marinara sauce warmed, optional
- 1. Spread four bread slices with pesto. Layer with cheeses; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with oil.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without marinara) equals 445 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC