Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Marinara sauce warmed, optional
- 1. Spread four bread slices with pesto. Layer with cheeses; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with oil.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without marinara) equals 445 calories, 27 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 35 mg cholesterol, 759 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 20 g protein.
Reviews for Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
"Haven't tried yet, but will for certain and I think I'll add sliced tomato and use my indoor grill."
"These are superb. I love pesto with cheese."