Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches Recipe
- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Marinara sauce warmed, optional
- 1. Spread four bread slices with pesto. Layer with cheeses; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with oil.
- 2. In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
1 sandwich (calculated without marinara): 445 calories, 27g fat (10g saturated fat), 35mg cholesterol, 759mg sodium, 32g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 20g protein.
Reviews for Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
"Haven't tried yet, but will for certain and I think I'll add sliced tomato and use my indoor grill."
"These are superb. I love pesto with cheese."