- 8 slices Italian bread
- 4 tablespoons prepared pesto
- 4 slices provolone cheese
- 4 slices part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 5 teaspoons olive oil
- Ragú® Old World Style® Marinara warmed, optional
- Spread four bread slices with pesto. Layer with cheeses; top with remaining bread. Spread outsides of sandwiches with oil.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, toast sandwiches for 3-4 minutes on each side or until cheese is melted. Serve with marinara if desired. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches in Country Woman June/July 2011, p43
Reviews for Italian Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 6, 2011
"These are superb. I love pesto with cheese."
Reviewed Jul. 26, 2011